Zucchini & Basil Pizzas
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for Zucchini and the delicious perfect Zucchini cake. From the softest zucchini to the creamyest, the best zucchini cake is always the one that's delicious and always with a good zucchini topping. But for those who would like to have a little more zucchini flavor, I'm going to make a Zucchini Cake with a Zucchini and a Zucchini Sponge That the world will enjoy for a few days. Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables and was really my favorite vegetable of the season. Zucchini is a wonderful addition to any recipe and I think I can eat it all year round. So here's the recipe for a Zucchini Cake with a Zucchini and a Zucchini Sponge that will definitely get you on your way to the Spice Zone .
- 1 green zucchini, sliced 3/16 inch thick
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced 3/16 inch thick
- 1 Tbs. Parmesan dipping and drizzling oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Two 10-inch rounds Basic Pizza Dough
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 oz. ricotta salata or goat cheese
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, minced
- Preheat a beehive pizza oven according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a bowl, stir together the green and yellow zucchini, the 1 Tbs. oil, salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain off the excess liquid.
- Place 1 pizza dough round on a floured pizza peel. Lightly brush the dough with oil. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella on the dough and top with half of the zucchini.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven, tapping the peel lightly to release the pizza. Bake until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pizza occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over the pizza. Grate or crumble half of the ricotta salata over the pizza and sprinkle with half of the basil. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Repeat to cook the remaining pizza. Makes two 10-inch pizzas.