Wild Rice Pancakes
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for Wild Rice Pancakes! I am going to show you the seeds, the cooking process, and the best way to make your own! This is a recipe that is a very simple and quick one. It takes the traditional method of making rice cakes, but the result is a very tasty and flavorful rice cake. Any other way you look at it, this is a great recipe. I have always used Pineapple Corn Tartar with Nyquil.
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups cooked wild rice
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mixing well to make a smooth batter. Stir in butter and cooked wild rice.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute. Continue with remaining batter.