Rogan Josh, Lamb Shanks
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for Rogan Josh, Lamb Shanks, and Kawaky. Ingredients 2 cups all purpose flour 2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp. salt 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, minced 1 egg 1 cup Parmesan cheese, halved 1/4 cup shredded cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces 1/4 cup all purpose flour 2 tsp.
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 4 whole cardamom pods, broken
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ground nutmeg to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 lamb shanks
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole new potatoes, drained
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, quartered (optional)
- Stir the sour cream and all-purpose flour together in a small bowl until smooth and set aside. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water to make a paste.
- Combine the chili powder, coriander, ginger, bouillon cubes, cardamom, tomatoes, water, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Slowly add the cornstarch paste to the tomato mixture, stirring constantly; simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stir in the sour cream and flour mixture.
- Arrange the onions across the bottom of a slow cooker, lay the shanks on top of the onions and pour the prepared tomato mixture over the meat. Place the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the sauce.
- Cover and cook in the slow cooker on High for 8 hours.