Oyster Dressing I
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for Oyster Dressing I made last night for my birthday. It was quite simple and I used a large batch of my favorite ingredients.
- 1 cup turkey giblets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pint chopped oysters and juice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 cups dry bread cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place the turkey giblets in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain, reserving 2 cups stock.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saute pan, add oil and cook celery, onions, parsley and oysters. Cook until oysters are firm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the giblets and stock with the cooked rice, bread cubes and vegetable and oyster mixture. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Gently mix together.
- Place dressing in 4 quart casserole dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.