Kabocha Squash Pie (Japanese Pumpkin Pie)
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for Kabocha Squash Pie (Japanese Pumpkin Pie) and I am going to show you my last recipe for Pumpkin Pie (Bacon Pie). I am going to show you my recipies for Pumpkin Pie (Yum Yuko Kanji) and I am going to show you my last recipe for Pumpkin Pie (Yum Yuko Kanji-Pillow Pie). Today I am going to show you my recipe for Pumpkin Pie (Japanese Pumpkin Pie) and I am going to show you my last recipe for Pumpkin Pie (Bacon Pie).
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup light soy butter
- 1 tablespoon soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/3 cups kabocha squash - halved, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the graham cracker crumbs together with the flour in a mixing bowl. Mix in the soy butter until the mixture is crumbly. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Pour in the soy milk, and stir to make a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Fit the crust into a 7 inch diameter pie plate. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven until pale gold, about 15 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Pour about 1 inch of water into the bottom of a pan. Place the kabocha into a steamer basket fitted into the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and steam the squash until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Place the kabocha into a blender or bowl of a food processor, and blend until smooth. Stir the tofu, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the kabocha mixture, and blend until very smooth. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until center is set, about 20 minutes. Do not overbake or the filling will crack.