Herb Coeur A La Creme
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for Herb Coeur A La Creme. Today I am going to show you what I am trying to do with these cookies, which I am very excited about! This recipe is from my blog, so look for that old post to make it more interesting. You should check out my other recipes for these. If you are the kind of person who enjoys condensed milk and cream cheese, this is a wonderful dessert that you can make at home. I am going to show you how to make Herb Coeur A La Creme with the chocolate chip cookie dough and the nut butter. I will skip the butter and my other great method is the pretzel filling. All you need to do is knead the dough for about 2 minutes and then use a fork to make the filling. This is my second recipe made with my chocolate chip cookie dough.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add the cream and then the scallions, dill, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk until firm.
- Line a 6-inch coeur a la creme mold or a 6-inch sieve with a few layers of cheesecloth, allowing the excess to drape over the sides. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cheesecloth and smooth the top. Fold the excess cheesecloth over the top of the creme. Suspend the sieve over a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, discard the liquid that has collected in the bowl and invert the creme onto a plate. Serve chilled with crackers and a small knife.