3-Ingredient Ice Cream French Toast
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for 3-Ingredient Ice Cream French Toast that I made for my daughter! This recipe I am using at home for the freezer, but it's a favourite with everyone! I think it's the perfect french toast recipe for this girl! This recipe is perfect for any occasion. Nuts and butter and a lot of ice cream in. I love it so much. I love my family and loved making this recipe.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (not gelato), melted
- 4 (1–1 1/2"-thick) slices challah or brioche
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Pour ice cream into a large baking dish. Add bread, turn to coat, then let sit 3 minutes. Flip bread and continue to soak until saturated but not soggy, about 3 minutes more.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium. Using tongs, carefully lift 2 bread slices from custard, letting excess drip back into dish. Transfer to skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and the center of toast springs back when pressed, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven until ready to serve. Repeat with 2 Tbsp. butter and remaining bread. Top toasts with remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and serve.