2-Layer Rum Pecan Pie with Cheesecake
Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you my recipe for 2-Layer Rum Pecan Pie with Cheesecake Dressing. This is a great recipe for two-lingual pie and it is a great way to make both. This is a great recipe for two-lingual pie and it is a great way to make both.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Unroll 1 pie crust on a work surface; brush with water. Place second pie crust atop the first pie crust; press gently together. Place the double crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, vanilla, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Pour into pie crust; sprinkle cheesecake filling with pecans.
- Mix corn syrup, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and rum extract together in a bowl until smooth; pour over pecan layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.